I have signed in and I think I am set up. This will be so exciting to read this blog as the ladies of our church read the book together. Thank you for setting this up.
What a great way to connect with other women at FCC as we read through this book together. Join a small group, too - look for information when you receive your book this Sunday! Blessings to all of you as you SAY YES to God.
I just got my book yesterday. This is going to be a great ride!! And this blog site looks awesome! i just created one for the Fit to Live, and it is yuk compared to this...my first try tho. Patti I need lessons! Or whomever. thanks for putting this together!!
Hi Ladies! Just wanted to post a reminder that we will begin discussing chapter one of the book next week! I'll post on Sunday or Monday to get our discussion going! Until then... remember to ask God what He wants of you and say "YES!" when He reveals it to you!
I was completely blessed when I said "yes" at the last minute and went to the discussion group for this book at FCC. About 20 women gathered in a small room and began an adventure together. I was blown away and completely blessed. This leads me to my first two questions for this week...
1. What inspired you about the opening story in Chapter One regarding the man on the airplane?
2. When in your life have you said yes to God and been blessed?
We had not released the information to the ladies of FCC about God's call for the women of FCC to say yes to God, but the Leadership Team begain reading this book back in early July. Immediately I was struck by the fact that saying yes to God doesn't always involve the BIG things, but the little things on a daily basis... say yes to obedience TODAY, say yes to a positive attitude TODAY, say yes to joy TODAY. So I decided to say YES to God and become a Big Sister at Sharon Elementary School! After sending an email indicating my interest in more information about the program, I received the following response from the person in charge: “Again thank you for saying "yes"!” This is not someone that would have known about the journey we were beginning with this book, and I had said nothing that would have indicated I was saying YES to God or even this person! I got God-bumps!
All through the Summer, during the training, the interview process, and the match process, I had been praying for my Little Sister, without knowing her name or meeting her. This past Friday, October 1st, I was blessed to be able to meet this young lady for the first time! I know that God will continue to bless our friendship. He is in the details! :-)
Lysa's story of the man and the Bible reminds me of myself and the talks I have with God in my head when He asks me to do something that I don't want to do. I have to realize that it isn't about me but what God wants me to do and truly being obedient to Him and His ways....laying everything aside so I can hear His voice and what He wants for me to do. God is showing me that saying YES and being obedient to Him isn't just in the big decisions of life but more in the little things...like giving to a missionary finacially out of the blue which He asked me to do one Sunday morning. Hearing His voice and then saying yes I hear and will obey is a choice that we have been given...my prayer for myself and all of us as we go through this book/study/blog is that we will grow in our obedience and be radically different through Christ....making a difference in God's Kingdom and doing the work God has called each of us to do.
Hi Ladies! Well, obviously I have been slacking when it comes to this blog! I apologize. My plan was to post each Sunday night while Chris and the boys were at church. Instead, I joined the Sunday night discussion group on this book and time has gotten away from me! So, let me know where you are in the book and we'll jumpstart with discussion questions again!
Hello,
ReplyDeleteI have signed in and I think I am set up. This will be so exciting to read this blog as the ladies of our church read the book together. Thank you for setting this up.
What a great way to connect with other women at FCC as we read through this book together. Join a small group, too - look for information when you receive your book this Sunday! Blessings to all of you as you SAY YES to God.
ReplyDeleteWe handed out the books today!!! Yeah!!!
ReplyDeleteWe handed out about 350 books - so excited to all of our ladies getting these books. I know that God is leading all of us as we say yes to Him.
ReplyDeleteI just started the book tonight an already love it.
ReplyDeleteSSharer- I'm so glad you love the book!
ReplyDeletePatti- Whoo hoo! That is so wonderful that 350 ladies took the time to come to the table for the book. I can't wait to hear from more ladies!
I just got my book yesterday. This is going to be a great ride!! And this blog site looks awesome! i just created one for the Fit to Live, and it is yuk compared to this...my first try tho. Patti I need lessons! Or whomever. thanks for putting this together!!
ReplyDeleteI gave my book away last week but I was able to pick up a new one on Sunday.
ReplyDeleteHi Ladies! Just wanted to post a reminder that we will begin discussing chapter one of the book next week! I'll post on Sunday or Monday to get our discussion going! Until then... remember to ask God what He wants of you and say "YES!" when He reveals it to you!
ReplyDeleteDISCUSSION FOR WEEK OF OCTOBER 3
ReplyDeleteI was completely blessed when I said "yes" at the last minute and went to the discussion group for this book at FCC. About 20 women gathered in a small room and began an adventure together. I was blown away and completely blessed. This leads me to my first two questions for this week...
1. What inspired you about the opening story in Chapter One regarding the man on the airplane?
2. When in your life have you said yes to God and been blessed?
We had not released the information to the ladies of FCC about God's call for the women of FCC to say yes to God, but the Leadership Team begain reading this book back in early July. Immediately I was struck by the fact that saying yes to God doesn't always involve the BIG things, but the little things on a daily basis... say yes to obedience TODAY, say yes to a positive attitude TODAY, say yes to joy TODAY. So I decided to say YES to God and become a Big Sister at Sharon Elementary School! After sending an email indicating my interest in more information about the program, I received the following response from the person in charge: “Again thank you for saying "yes"!” This is not someone that would have known about the journey we were beginning with this book, and I had said nothing that would have indicated I was saying YES to God or even this person! I got God-bumps!
ReplyDeleteAll through the Summer, during the training, the interview process, and the match process, I had been praying for my Little Sister, without knowing her name or meeting her. This past Friday, October 1st, I was blessed to be able to meet this young lady for the first time! I know that God will continue to bless our friendship. He is in the details! :-)
Lysa's story of the man and the Bible reminds me of myself and the talks I have with God in my head when He asks me to do something that I don't want to do. I have to realize that it isn't about me but what God wants me to do and truly being obedient to Him and His ways....laying everything aside so I can hear His voice and what He wants for me to do. God is showing me that saying YES and being obedient to Him isn't just in the big decisions of life but more in the little things...like giving to a missionary finacially out of the blue which He asked me to do one Sunday morning. Hearing His voice and then saying yes I hear and will obey is a choice that we have been given...my prayer for myself and all of us as we go through this book/study/blog is that we will grow in our obedience and be radically different through Christ....making a difference in God's Kingdom and doing the work God has called each of us to do.
ReplyDeleteHi Ladies! Well, obviously I have been slacking when it comes to this blog! I apologize. My plan was to post each Sunday night while Chris and the boys were at church. Instead, I joined the Sunday night discussion group on this book and time has gotten away from me! So, let me know where you are in the book and we'll jumpstart with discussion questions again!
ReplyDeleteI have read the whole book twice now! Let's discuss! :-)
ReplyDeleteOur small group, every other Friday morning, will be beginning Chapter 3 discussion.
ReplyDelete